Total Pageviews

Monday, December 31, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Claus Sass, parents to John Sass.


 This is my husband Larry's Great Grand parents. They lived at 180th and Ida St. before  moving to Bennington on the corner of Bennington Rd. and Molly St.
 Friends of ours ( Don and Carol Morland) bought and remodled the house in the mid 70's. Don had saved all the doors and their hardware to reuse at a later date. He never did. Years later on my 50th birthday he asked me if I wanted that old door that I loved at his shop, of course I said yes. That was when he told me where it had come from. I didn't know that Claus and Bertha had owned that house. I was trilled.
Now it is hanging as the front door at my house and I LOVE IT!
The house was built in 1912 and this is the orginal door. The center glass is new everthing else is orginal. The window represents our farm which was established in 1898 The photo is the first areial photo of the place taken in 1948 and the S&K are for Sass and Klabunde families.  I have to say that this was about the best gift I have ever gotten,.


No comments:

Post a Comment